On March 31, 2026, a Garfield County jury convicted Joseph Masty Bujen of one count of Aggravated Trafficking in Illegal Drugs after two prior felony convictions. This conviction stems from a coordinated undercover investigation conducted by the Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics.
During trial, the jury heard testimony from four OBN agents, including two undercover agents who directly participated in the controlled purchase. Evidence showed that on January 22, 2025, the defendant told undercover agents he would deliver them a pound of methamphetamine at a Little Caesars Pizza location.
The jury deliberated for just under two hours before returning a guilty verdict. The State then presented evidence that Bujen was previously convicted of Domestic Assault and Battery with a Dangerous Weapon and Bringing Contraband into a Jail. Hearing this evidence, the jury recommended a sentence of 50 years in the Oklahoma Department of Corrections and a $250,000 fine. District Judge Paul Woodward formally sentenced the defendant the same day.
“Those who traffic in illegal drugs prey on addiction, fuel destruction in our communities and profit from the suffering of others,” said District Attorney Tommy Humphries. “Methamphetamine and other illegal substances tear apart families, devastate lives, and endanger public safety. We will continue to stand firmly with law enforcement to aggressively prosecute those who bring these dangerous drugs into our communities.”
District Attorney Humphries also commended the efforts of the Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics and the two assigned prosecutors Darbi Robertson and Norma Cossio for their dedication to protecting the public and holding offenders accountable.
“Our office remains committed to pursuing justice and ensuring that those who engage in the trafficking of illegal drugs face significant consequences,” Humphries added. “Because of this conviction, a drug trafficker with a history of violence will no longer be able to profit off the addiction of others.”


